Dining rooms are of diverse shapes and sizes from casual breakfast nooks, proper dining spaces, or the whole lot in between. However, the most important element in the dining room is the dining chairs. There are a lot of factors that should be considered while picking dining chairs. Are they of the right height for the table? Will the material last long? Will the chairs match the rest of the decor of the house?
While many dining room tables include matching chairs nowadays, you may require to buy dining chairs separately, especially when you are looking for affordable options or custom-made dining table and chair. Or you may already have a table and want to look for suitable dining chairs for it. Or perhaps you don’t like the chairs that came along with your table or you want to add more chairs to your dining table.
While picking dining chairs, the first and foremost thing that you have to remember is that the chairs do not have to match with the table. They do not even have to match with each other as long as they are comfortable enough. If mismatched chairs are chosen, it is important to be sure that all the chairs are of the same height so that it comfortable enough to talk the people you are having a meal with.
- Armchair: Generally found at the head of the table, armchairs can give a formal feeling. Most often contrasting armchairs are used for making a statement, but you can also go for armchairs similar to the side chairs.
- Side chair: Side Chairs are the armless chairs that generally sit along the side of the dining table. In casual dining rooms, side chairs may be found at the head of the table.
- Parsons chair: A Parsons Chair is nearly suitable for all décor styles due to its simple design and clean lines. It can come in fabrics ranging from linen to leather and patterned or tufted.
Tips on choosing dining Chairs
- Ensure that you pick chairs of the right dimensions and size.
- You can choose different shapes of the chair, but be consistent with color.
- Ensure that the style matches the decor of the rest of the room.
Do not overlook the comfort factor. While chairs with armrests may require more space, they are the most comfortable ones when it comes to dining chairs. Furthermore, you must also ensure that the chairs are lightweight so that the diners can effortlessly push them in or pull them out. Cushioned or upholstered backs and seats will also add to your diners’ comfort level.