What dresses we will wear this summer? The trends for Summer 2018 suggest various styles, colors and patterns.
See in the gallery a selection of the best summer dresses spotted on the runway and follow our smart guide to choose the dress that will suit you best:
- The patterned summer dress, patchwork styles featuring different layered panels and patterns for a vibrant look. Try an oversized and light style also for work
- The check & plaid mania: not just for winter, as seen at Prada, where models wore ample pinafore dresses over polo shirts or lightweight blouses. A perfect multi-layered ensembleto flaunt come Spring.
- The oversized, lightweight dress. Perfect for those who are looking for comfort without sacrificing glamour.
- The shirtdress: a totally versatile garment, especially in classic white. It’s like a white canvas you can personalize with accessories.
- The floral dress: leave in your closet tropical prints and embrace botanical patterns. Pastel hued micro florals are back.
- The polka dot dress: in our opinion it’s the must-have piece for this Summer ( we already talked here about Emily Ratajkowski’s dress)
- The baby doll dress: from Chanel to Emporio Armani to John Galliano, many designers offered romantic mini dressesin lace, satin and tweed, perfect for a ‘Lolita’ look.
Summer wouldn’t be summer without a sea of florals and pretty dresses – and this season doesn’t disappoint. Prizes for the sweetest go to the Liberty prints at Chloe and ditsy florals at Loewe. There’s also a whole host of sheer loveliness to choose from when it comes to the perfect summer dress – if you’re not brave enough to wear with visible briefs on full display (a big runway trend), pop yours over a high-necked blouse and shorts, a la Emilia Wickstead.